The following process are required when onboarding a new team member.
A new hire will become part of the team once a contract is signed between the appropriate FarmBot Inc officer or manager and the new hire. The contract should include at least the following:
- Company description, including the full text of our public benefit purposes.
- The new hire’s role(s) and responsibilities.
- Compensation based on our pay formula.
- Start date.
- Grounds for termination, including a link to our code of conduct.
- Signature area.
FarmBot Inc will provision the new hire a company email address through the G Suite platform by Google.
The new hire will then need to create accounts and/or be invited to access our various digital collaboration tools and resources such as:
- Slack channels
- Google drive folders
- Trello boards
- Readme documentation hubs
- GitHub organization
Not everyone will have access to everything
As a matter of security and efficiency, not everyone will be granted access to all tools and resources. For example, people not involved with the warehouse and order fulfillment will not be given access to Shipstation.
In general, an employee will only be given access to a tool or resource if it is necessary for them to fulfill their responsibilities.