Currently with the release system, there are the following channels:
|stable||main||Should be considered consumer ready.|
|beta||qa/…||Should be considered almost consumer-ready, but expect bugs.|
|alpha||qa/…||Should be considered broken and should not be used by consumers.|
To create an
- Create a branch with the changes starting with
- Bump the version number in the
- Add a new version section in
CHANGELOG.mddescribing the changes.
- Commit and push to GitHub.
- Wait for CI to finish tests and build a release.
- Navigate to
https://github.com/FarmBot/Farmbot-Web-App/releasesand edit the automatically created draft release with a new version tag name, title, and description.
- Publish the release.
- Run the following command:
heroku run rake releases:publish --app=farmbot-staging
- Follow the prompts to create a release. Once created, the release will be uploaded and sent out to all devices on that channel according to their update settings.
Publishing a new release to the
stable channel will automatically reset all user channel selections to
stable. Users who wish to switch back to
beta will need to do so manually.